Health & Wellness Manager (18 Month Contract)
Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day!
Delmanor is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive benefits and incentive programs, which reflects the high value we place on our team members. Our commitment to ongoing training provides each team member the opportunity for professional development while keeping pace with current best practices.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the provision of high-quality personal care to the Residents including bathing, dressing assistance, medication administration, mobility assistance, and handling emergencies; develops and updates care plans every 6 months and as needed
- Complete initial and ongoing assessments on the health and wellness needs of residents and makes recommendations regarding an individual’s suitability for residence and their needs
- Periodically assume responsibility for the Community in the absence of the General Manager
- Hire, onboard and schedule Nurses and Personal Support Workers, and monitor their performance
- Manage the department’s finances, including inventory management and purchasing; review and promote initiatives that help generate revenue
- Communicate effectively with physicians, pharmacists, other professional care providers, other department managers, Residents, and their families
- Function within the current practice of nursing and within applicable legislation, policies, and procedures of the Retirement Homes Act (RHA), CNO standards and Delmanor
- Maintain and upgrade competence related to clinical practice and professional licensing
- Complete all required mandatory training/education by the RHA
- Other duties as required
What you bring:
- Diploma in Practical Nursing (RPN) or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (RN)
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario and licensed to practice with no restrictions
- Experience in Geriatric care an asset
- Proficiency in Electronic Health Record (i.e. YARDI, MedEcare) an asset
- Three (3) years’ experience as an RN/RPN in a retirement or long term care setting
- Good Communication Skills (written and verbal) in English
- P.I.E.C.E.S or Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) certificate an asset
At Delmanor our team members are dedicated to delivering the Delmanor Experience to our residents and their guests. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking to build your career with a dynamic company, in a long-term growth industry, then we want to hear from you.
Delmanor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, free of discrimination and harassment.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we would like to work with you to meet your needs.
- 18 Month Contract
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- One location